A Few of My Favorite Things


1. The Player Handbook for Dungeons and Dragons has been my key to many of my best friendships I've made over the years. It's quite worn and tends to flip to specific often-used pages when opened. Many hands have touched this book, and I find that awesome.

2. The figure on top of the book is of an old childhood favorite character named Broly from the popular Japanese anime "Dragon Ball Z." He has very recently been reintroduced to the "Dragon Ball Super" series, and is by far a massive improvement on the original character. My younger brother got this for my birthday a year ago.

3. The small figure to the right of the book is a Dungeons and Dragons custom miniature of my second Dungeons and Dragons character, Rei Graywillow. He was a part of my longest running campaign of well over a year, and has had a huge impact on my previous friend group. At this point, he has absolutely outgrown his original concept; which I couldn't be happier for. 

4. The opaque glass objects beneath the book are a dice set I purchased from my first ever anime convention, Wasabi Con. It was very expensive, but it commemorates that convention for me, and are dice I intend to use in any game of Dungeons and Dragons I play in the foreseeable future.

5. The plushie to the left of the book is a Siberian husky Beanie Baby. It was the first gift my girlfriend ever got me, and it was on my birthday the first year we had started dating. She was trying to find things I liked, so I was telling her about a loyal wolf in a game I loved. That was four years ago, and we have gotten each other many more gifts since without needing to figure out what the other would want. This plush is a reminder of awkward beginnings to a truly amazing relationship I could never imagine having with anyone else. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cabinet of Curiosity

Memento